The Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP)™ is the only professional designation in Canada for Workplace Performance and Learning. The Senior Portfolio Authentication (SPA) is an accelerated advanced standing pathway to the CTDP certification through the submission of a CTDP portfolio. With the senior path you are not required to take the exam, and instead you prepare and submit a portfolio of your work.
This hands-on workshop is run by a certified facilitator and CTDP trained assessor. This workshop ensures that you are preparing your portfolio effectively, and while there is no onsite assessment, the feedback you receive in the workshop will ensure that you are on the right path to obtain your CTDP certification.
Who can attend?
- Professionals with 12+ years of experience in a leadership learning and development role who intend to pursue the CTDP certification OR
- Professionals who are currently enrolled in the CTDP Certification Program through the Senior Portfolio Path AND
- Performance and Learning individuals seeking networking and professional development opportunities
You do not need to be a current I4PL member or certification candidate to participate in this workshop.
What to expect:
- In-Class Senior Portfolio Prep Session to support and prepare prospective CTDP candidates prior to final submission of a portfolio
- 3.5 hour session where you will present a portion of your portfolio and receive facilitator and peer feedback.
- A maximum of ten senior practitioners in your group*
- A receptive, positive community of practice that encourages practitioner support and networking
How to prepare for this workshop:
- Familiarize yourself with all three Components of the SPA path (Review the entire worksheet including the categories outlined and noting the documentation requirements)
- Must prepare one example of work, as outlined in Category #2, prior to attending the session. You will present the one example of work to the group during the 3.5 hour session.
- Prepare general questions about the requirements for Category #1: Knowledge & Education and Category #3: Professional Service, as they will be addressed during the session.